GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
P&A Transport (Sweepers) Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. With effect from 25th May 2018 the new GDPR regulation come into effect, and we need to inform you what details we hold about you/your company and how we use it.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller - A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor - A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data - The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example, name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data - The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
P&A Transport (Sweepers) Ltd is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: P&A Transport (Sweepers) Ltd, 34 Gwaun Fro, Penpedairheol, Hengoed, Caerphilly, CF82 8BN. For all data matters contact Kim Davies on 01495 273169 or email@example.com
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To facilitate trading with your company and regular, general correspondence with your staff.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data; Company details, name, address, company buyer/purchaser contacts, Telephone, fax and email address(s), VAT number, company registration number, bank details for payments
We have obtained your personal data directly from you or from your publicly accessible source such as your website. We hold this information securely on our Accounts Package and for paper records in a secure, lockable cabinet.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
a. Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
b. Special categories of personal data (article 9 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your special categories of data:
Your explicit consent
*More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will never disseminate this information/data about you to third parties except where you have given us your permission or where we are legally required to do so. For example; we may have to pass information to HM Revenue & Customs or other Central or Local Government departments when and where necessary. We also share information with our Accountants for the purpose of the preparation of our company annual accounts.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the purposes of trading with you.
8. Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. Should you elect not to provide us with the data required we would be unable to provide the Road Sweeping services you requested. You are responsible for informing us if any of your details require updating.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
9. Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
10. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
11. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Kim Davies on 01443 835906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner - Wales on 029 2067 8400 or email email@example.com Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales, 2nd Floor, Churchill House
Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH